Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fibre optics of Jesus' light

30/7/11 Isaiah 60-62, John 1

S: John 1:1-8 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

O: Jesus said that we are the light and salt of the world. Using a slightly different metaphor, John was inspired by God to say that we are not the light but we bear witness of the Light -- Jesus.

A modern metaphorical way of putting it is that Jesus is the light, and we are the fibre optics that convey that light into places that need it.

A: Jesus called us to be His disciples, His witnesses, His ambassadors. Most Malaysians have not read the Gospel accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, so we are the only Gospel account they will see.

What do our friends see as the Gospel according to Andrew, Juliane, Ji Jian, Phui Yein, Teressa, Ricky, Yvonne, and Ian?

P: Father, help me reflect the light of Jesus accurately. In all that I do, help me to make my choices according to what Jesus would want me to do. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment