Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Having a Godly reflex.

1/8/11 Isaiah 65-66; Psalm 62; John 3

S: Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him.
Psalm 62:8 O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:10 Don’t make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the center of your life.

O: David ben Jesse faced a lot of trouble in his life. He was unjustly accused by King Saul ben Kish -- David had done nothing wrong, but Saul was jealous of his growing popularity, and tried to kill him. Yet David trusted God through it all. Twice, he had the opportunity to kill Saul but each time, he stayed his hand because he would not kill God's anointed.

A: Many times I have been tempted to do something for my own advantage which violates God's principles. Sometimes I trust God and don't do it, and sometimes I give in to the temptation -- especially when it is a spur-of-the-moment decision that I don't have time to think and pray over.

A reflex is something we do without thinking. Many times when I am going somewhere I don't usually drive to, if I have a lapse of attention, I will find myself driving to some place I normally do drive to.

I need to train my reflexes so that I will automatically do the godly thing rather than the ungodly thing.

P: Father, help me to fill my mind with Your Word so that even when I don't have time to think, I will do what is right and not follow my natural ungodly reflexes. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment