Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Treat everyone with human dignity & respect.

Written on 25/1/11
Exodus 12-13; Psalm 21; Acts 1

S: Exodus 12:49 "This instruction applies to everyone, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner living among you.”

O: There are many injunctions in the Old Testament law to treat foreigners fairly. Oppression of foreigners and others who are in disadvantaged positions is a sin.

A: It is really terrible how we Malaysians treat the foreign workers. I fear God’s wrath and judgment on us as a nation!

On a personal level, I have a responsibility to treat the foreign workers, and even our own Malaysian ‘servants’ e.g. the cleaning women at MMU, with the dignity and respect of human beings.

Even slaves get their Sabbath rest in the Law of Moses.

Some people might say that this is why our former Cambodian maid was so problematic – because we gave her too much respect. I disagree. That she abused and took advantage of Juliane’s personality being unable to reprimand her for her irresponsibility is no excuse for treating someone as subhuman.

P: Help me to keep treating people who are normally disrespected in our society with respect and dignity. May they also be drawn towards You and saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment