Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Steadfast in Christ

2/2/11                       Exodus 33-34; Psalm 16; Acts 9    
S: Psalm 16:8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
O: David started out this psalm by asking God to keep him safe. He looks up to godly people as his heroes, and knows that those who reject God will ultimately be worse off, even if they might seem to prosper for now.
The reason for his confidence is God is with him. That’s why he has confidence that his soul will not be left in sheol.
A: Jesus is our resurrection and our life. As we trust in Him, we can be steadfast even in the face of adverse circumstances.
P: Father, keep me from temptation and steadfast in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment