Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

God gives grace

2/3/11 Numbers 30-31; Mark 9

S: Mark 9:24 Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:38-39 "Teacher," said John, "we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us." "Do not stop him," Jesus said. "For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me.”

O: The father of the boy that the disciples were unable to heal wanted to believe Jesus was able to heal him, but he had doubts since the disciples were unable to heal him.

Those other people casting out demons in Jesus’ name might not have had full the proper teaching as they were not Jesus’ disciples, but Jesus still extended grace to them.

A: Many times, I have prayed that boy’s father’s prayer. God’s word says one thing, but my experience says another – and it’s hard to believe. But God extends grace to us in our insufficient belief.

There are many denominations and variations of Christianity and we have beliefs that might be contradictory. Of course, I believe that what I believe is correct, otherwise I wouldn’t believe it... but I might be wrong, just as the other kinds of Christians might be wrong. But God extends grace to us, that even in our imperfect understanding and beliefs, He still loves us and saves us.

P: Father, we thank You that You extend grace to us in our lack of belief, in our imperfect understandings. Help us to extend the same grace to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment