Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Accommodating others’ sensitivities

9/2/11

S: Acts 16:3b In deference to the Jews of the area, he arranged for Timothy to be circumcised before they left, for everyone knew that his father was a Greek.

O: Timothy wasn’t circumcised, and we know from other scriptures that circumcision is not necessary for New Testament believers. However, Paul arranged for him to be circumcised to take away any excuse Jews might have against him.

A: There are many things that we don’t have to do as Christians, but which there is no harm accommodating for the furtherance of the Gospel.

So, for example, no need to make a fuss about “Malay” halal food, or preferences of our non-Christian friends, if it doesn’t mean doing something which is against God’s will.

We should accommodate the sensitivities of others for the sake of the Gospel.

P: Father, help me to be not so adamant about my own preferences and give up my rights for the sake of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment