Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Omnipresent God

31/1/11                              Exodus 28-29; Acts 7 

S: Acts 7:49-50 Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that?’ asks the Lord. ‘Could you build me such a resting place? Didn’t my hands make both heaven and earth?’
O: God allowed David and Solomon to build Him a temple, but ultimately, God doesn’t dwell in buildings made by man. God created everything.
A: There is a place for physical buildings for us to gather together to worship God. We do have physical bodies and there is a need for physical places out of practicality’s sake.
However, God is greater than that. God is everywhere. We must eschew the tendency to think of holy places as being the only place God is – God is here with us no matter where we are.
This should both comfort us as well as give us pause. Comfort us because if we are in an “unholy” place, He is still with us. Bring us pause because if we are in a “sinful” place or situation, God is still there!
Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
Most blessèd, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, victorious, thy great Name we praise.
Great Father of glory, pure Father of light,
Thine angels adore Thee, all veiling their sight;
But of all Thy rich graces this grace, Lord, impart
Take the veil from our faces, the vile from our heart.
P: Father, may I keep in front of me the memory that You are with me when I am tempted!

No comments:

Post a Comment