Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Attitude

22/2/11                   Numbers 10-11; Psalm 27; Mark 1     

S: Numbers 11:4b-6 “Who will give us flesh to eat? We remember the fish, which we ate in Egypt for nothing; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic; but now we have lost our appetite. There is nothing at all except this manna to look at.” Psalm 27:1, 14 The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? ... Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
O: What a contrast between attitude of the Israelites during Moses’ time and David! God had done so many miracles for the Israelites, even to the extent of the daily miracle of manna from heaven, yet they were grumbling about, as Keith Green put it in his song “So you wanna go back to Egypt?”
Eating leeks and onions by the Nile,
Ooo, what breath, but dining out in style.
A: We need to have the same attitude as David and not be like the Israelites of Moses’ time. Yes, we can ask God, “Don’t deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, for false witnesses have risen up against me, such as breathe out cruelty.” (Psalm 27:12) But we can trust Him because He loves us and really does have our best interest at heart.
P: Father, when I am tempted to grumble, remind me to check my attitude and trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment