Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Exuberant worship, fast forgetfulness

26/1/11
Exodus 14-16; Acts 2

S: Exodus 15:20-24 Then Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took the timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. And Miriam answered them: “Sing to the LORD, For He has triumphed gloriously! The horse and its rider He has thrown into the sea!” So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur.

And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people complained against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”

O: Miriam was at least 5 years older than Moses as she could follow the reed basket when Moses was a baby. And according to Exodus 7:7, Moses was 80 when they confronted Pharoah. So Miriam must have been at least 85 years old when she took the timbrel in her hand and led the women in a dance!

Three days after this dance, the people complained against Moses again! And even after God made the waters of Marah sweet, the complained again and again in the chapters we read today.

A: I am only 45 years old... I remember uncle Beng Keat dancing before the Lord in his 60s. We can dance and worship and celebrate before the Lord no matter what our age... dancing is not just for the young J.

We’re such short-sighted people. It’s easy to forget what God has done for us when we’re facing the current problem. God came through for the Israelites again and again yet at every crisis, they had no faith and only focused on the current negative, until the Lord got exasperated with them in Exodus 16:28 “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws?”

P: Father, please keep me in celebrating worshiping you till the day I die! Let me not forget your faithfulness when I’m in a middle of a crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment