Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I did it His way

15/2/11 Leviticus 25; Psalm 25-26; Acts 22

S: Leviticus 26:3-5 If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land.

O: God promised to bless the people of Israel if they follow His commands, but if they go against them, they will face the bad consequences.

A: Other passages show that the prosperity gospel is false. However, there is a general principle that is true – that generally, if you follow God’s way of doing things, you will be better off. And of course, in the eternal perspective, it’s not just “generally”.

Frank Sinatra and Dr. Mahathir are not unique among humans for proudly proclaiming, “I did it my way”, but we should actually be striving to do it His way.

P: Father, when “my way” conflicts with “Your way”, let me be self-controlled and wise enough to do it Your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment