Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hands and feet of Christ

30/1/11 Exodus 25-27; Acts 6

S: Acts 6:2-4 So the Twelve called a meeting of all the believers. They said, “We apostles should spend our time teaching the word of God, not running a food program. And so, brothers, select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will give them this responsibility. Then we apostles can spend our time in prayer and teaching the word.”

O: As the church got bigger, it became impossible for the apostles to do everything, so they had to delegate.

A: Everyone has a part to play in the church – we cannot only rely on the clergy to do everything. At the same time, we are to submit to their leadership.

P: Father, help me to have the right balance between submitting to the leadership of the pastors and coming up with good helpful initiatives to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment