Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Trusting in the Mystery Revealed

16/7/11 Isaiah 25-28; Hebrews 13

S: Isaiah 28:16 [KJV] Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. [NLT] Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken."

O: There are many messianic passages in Isaiah and other parts of the Old Testament that aren't clear until we found out about Jesus, and this is one of them. In the New Testament we read many times of the mystery revealed, e.g. Romans 16:25-26 and Ephesians 3:1-7. 1 Corinthians 2:7-8 tells us that God hid his revelations in a mystery so that the rulers of this age would not realise that by crucifying Jesus, they actually were advancing God's plans for salvation.

A: We have put our trust in the Cornerstone that God has provided, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Therefore, though we may pass through the valley of the shadow of death, we do not need to fear any evil; though we pass through the storm, we are safe in His care.

This doesn't mean we should be foolish, but it means we can be confident and don't have to live in fear, even in crazy circumstances. "I don't know about the tomorrow, but I know Who holds my hand."

P: Father, I lay my cares before You. I trust Your love for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment