Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Surprising converts

8/2/11 Leviticus 7-9; Acts 15

S: Acts 15:5 But then some of the believers who belonged to the sect of the Pharisees stood up and insisted, “The Gentile converts must be circumcised and required to follow the law of Moses.”

O: There were so many Pharisees that got saved that they were a force to be reckoned with in the early church. Later, Paul had to fight with them in regards to accepting Gentiles without circumcision into the church many times.

A: When we read the Gospels, we get the impression that the Pharisees must be really far from Christ. Yet, here we are in Acts and later we also see in the Epistles that so many Pharisees had become Christians.

Sometimes we are prejudiced against certain groups of people, thinking, “They’re not likely to get saved.” Yet, God can surprise us.

P: Lord, help me to be faithful to be a good witness even to the people that I think will never get saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment