Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Staying true even when wronged against

Genesis 39

No one is greater in this house than I am, and he has not kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”
Genesis 39:9

Joseph was wronged by his brothers and sold into slavery, and yet he still held fast to following YHWH.

Then he was wronged again by Potiphar's wife, and yet he still held fast to following YHWH.

When I have been wronged, I tend to feel license to do wrong myself, as payback. But that's the wrong response. YHWH calls us to stay true to Him no matter what wrong has been done to us.

Father, when I am tempted to do wrong because I've been wronged against, may I stay true to You and repudiate the temptation! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment