Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Two aspects of God's love for us

Genesis 28

Verse 9, together with Genesis 25:9, shows that Isaac and Ishmael (and probably Ishmael and Abraham) maintained contact and relations in spite of Hagar and Ishmael being sent away years earlier.

The Jacob's Ladder incident shows that God reached out to Jacob even before he repented, just like while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

But God wasn't going to leave Jacob the way He found him - a crook, a heel-grabber. Coming up are 14 years of purification through trials and tribulation.

God loves and has a wonderful plan for our lives, but also because God loves us, He's not willing to leave us in our sinful state.

That's why James 1:2-4 says "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you fall into various temptations, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. Let endurance have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

Father, thank You for saving me. Thank You that you loved me while I was still Your enemy. As I encounter various trials in this life, let me see Your hand in it and grow in Christ-likeness. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment