Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, February 21, 2020

Two wrongs don't make a right

Genesis 34

What Shechem did was wrong, but in a sense, it was a lesser wrong - either the rape or seduction of one young woman, as opposed to what Simeon and Levi did - massacre or genocide of the entire city.

It's unclear how much Jacob's other sons were  in on this over-the-top act of revenge.

Two wrongs do not make a right.  If someone wrongs us, if criminally, we can go to the authorities, but we should not take the law into our own hands and definitely should not exact revenge, especially over-the-top revenge.

Father, if I am wronged, help me to respond in a godly manner and not take revenge. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment