Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I need reminders

Genesis 32

When Jacob realized Esau was coming to meet him with 400 men, his faith in what YHWH promised was shaken.

But his faith in YHWH had grown since those conniving days of old. He reminded YHWH of His promises -- not that YHWH could forget -- and in doing so, reminded himself of YHWH's promises.

He then took some actions to try to placate Esau. I'm not sure if this was showing a lack of faith in YHWH's deliverance, or just prudence.

This is followed by the famous incident of Jacob wrestling with the angel at Jabbok Ford, and his renaming to Israel, i.e. "Contends with God".

O Lord, when I am afriad, remind me of Your great promises. As the father of the deaf, dumb and epileptic child said to Jesus, "I believe. Help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24) In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment