Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Waiting

Genesis 40
They said to him, “We have dreamed a dream, and there is no one who can interpret it.” Joseph said to them, “Don’t interpretations belong to God? Please tell it to me.”

Genesis 40:8

God is the one that gives revelation - it is not our own perogative.

Most dreams are just normal processing by our brains while we sleep and have no special significance, but occasionally God gives special revelation by supernatural means.

Yet the chief cup bearer didn’t remember Joseph, but forgot him.

Genesis 40:23 WEB

Joseph must have thought that this was his opportunity to have his freedom, but he was disappointed again. He had to wait 2 more years.

But we know what eventually happened. God had not forgotten him, and God still had a wonderful plan for his life.

As we are going through these present tribulations, we need keep trusting and waiting on God.

Father, help me to have patience and to keep trusting You while I wait.  In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment