Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Jacob the deceiver deceived

Genesis 29

In the previous chapters, we read how Jacob deceived his brother and father, and had to leave home and as a result lost all his physical inheritance, then we read how YHWH still loved him, but was nonetheless not willing to leave him in his sinful state. So began his trials and tribulations so that he would be reformed.

Here we see the first big step in his reformation - his uncle Laban deceived him! Did a bait and switch with Rachel and Leah. The first of many trials to come. The conman is conned.

Laban wasn't trying to help YHWH, and was doing this for his own selfish reasons, but YHWH, while not condoning sinful actions by sinful people, can nonetheless use those sinful actions to further His good plans.

Father, when I encounter various trials, may I count it all joy, knowing that the testing of my faith produces endurance. Let endurance have its perfect work, that I may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 2-4) In Jesus' name, amen.

[Lyrics of the above song]

No comments:

Post a Comment