Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, February 8, 2020

God sees, God cares, God provides

Genesis 25

v1: There is some Jewish tradition that says Keturah is Hagar, and was given this nickname because she never gave herself to any other man and came back to Abraham after Sarah passed away. (Keturah sounds like the term for the fragrant incense burned to God in worship, as well as "bound" as in she was bound to Abraham.)

v11: Ironically (or perhaps providentially) Isaac ended up living where YHWH had rescued Hagar - the Well of Him who Sees Me.

So YHWH took care of Isaac, as He had taken care of Hagar.

v28: Did Isaac and Rebekah's favouritism sow the seeds of division between their children? Perhaps Isaac thought his favouritism was justified as it was less than how Abraham had treated his brothers (sending them away, though the younger ones were provided for when he sent them away.)

God indeed provided for Hagar/Keturah and her children, and He also provided for Isaac, though they had different callings.

Father, I trust You for Your provision. When I doubt, remind me of Your goodness. You are worthy of my trust. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment