Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Clarity and trust

Genesis 22
Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey. The boy and I will go yonder. We will worship, and come back to you.”

Genesis 22:5

Abraham knew he would come back with Isaac:

By faith, Abraham, being tested, offered up Isaac. Yes, he who had gladly received the promises was offering up his one and only son, to whom it was said, “your offspring will be accounted as from Isaac”; concluding that God is able to raise up even from the dead. Figuratively speaking, he also did receive him back from the dead.

Hebrews 11:17‭-‬19

That's why he could obey God's command to sacrifice his only son. He already knew God promised his descendents would be through Isaac.

If we have clarity about God's promises, we can obey God's commands even when it's hard.

O Lord, I struggle when I don't have clarity. Sometimes, I am unclear what the right thing to do it. In those times, I need Your clarity. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment