Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Keep on sowing

Matthew 13

As I read the parable of the sower as a believer, I can safely rule out being the roadside because I have received the Word and come to Christ.

But I am still in danger of being the rocky ground - beware of withering in the face of persecution. So I need to be well-grounded in Christ to weather that.

And  I'm still in danger of being the thorns -- this one is probably the most dangerous for me right now -- I must beware of  letting the cares of this world choke out my devotion to Jesus. I need to daily take time to renew my faith in Him, and to put that faith into action.

In the end, I want to be that good soil, bringing forth fruit -- 100, 60, 30 times as much. I only have had a handful of people come back to tell me that I was instrumental in their journey of faith -- certainly not even 60. But I know I have been an influence on many people, both before and after they come to Christ, so I take heart that though I may not know on this side of heaven how many I have helped, I need to keep helping influence people towards God's goodness.
Father, may I stay faithful to You and don't allow the heat of opposition nor the stress of daily living keep me from being Your salt and light. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment