Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, February 3, 2020

Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick do.

Matthew 9
As he sat in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Jesus and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw it, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick do. But you go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Matthew 9:10‭-‬13

We should not stay isolated in our Christian bubble, but must be reaching out to people, including people who are “bad”.

But 1 Corinthians 15:33 warns us, Don’t be deceived! “Evil companionships corrupt good morals.”

There is a balance to be held. If we avoid all contact with “bad” people, then how can they be reached?

So we need wisdom not to fall into temptation, but at the same time, reaching out to “bad” people.

But never mind about “bad” people, I am not doing enough reaching out to the “good” people who don’t know Christ. I need to be a good witness and ambassador for Christ where I am.

In my daily interactions, I see may who don’t know Jesus. I need to be conscious of their need and not just keep quiet.

Father, open my eyes to see as I interact with people daily, that I might be a channel of Your love. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment