Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Balance Between Following the Law and Grace

Matthew 12

Verses 1-21 shows Jesus teaching us that the Sabbath was made for humans’ benefit, not humans for the Sabbath’s benefit. It is important for us to have a regular rest every week. It's important for both our physical and spiritual health. However, we should not be legalistic about our observance of it, or of any of the other laws God had laid down in the Bible.

At the same time, we also need to beware of going too much with the flow until we stray away from God's principles.

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” and “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Father, help me to be discerning of when following the letter of the law strays from the spirit, and when trying to be too flexible stays away from Your will. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment