Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Faithfulness of Eliezer

Genesis 15
Abram said, “Lord Yahweh, what will you give me, since I go childless, and he who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?”

Genesis 15:2

It is believed that this Eliezer of Damascus is the same person as the "servant, the elder of his house, who ruled over all that he had" in Genesis 24:2 whom Abraham sent to find a wife for Isaac.

If that interpretation is correct, what a testimony of faithfulness is he!

Because of Isaac, Eliezer will not inherit Abraham's wealth. Yet he loyally is advancing Abraham and Isaac's cause, because he has higher loyalties and mammon is not his lord. Genesis 24 shows that Eliezer was also a man of faith, so that may be why he could see the bigger picture.

May we show that kind of faithfulness to our Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment