Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, January 13, 2020

Get Smart

Proverbs 1
7 The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of knowledge;
but the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.
20 Wisdom calls aloud in the street.
She utters her voice in the public squares.
22 “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
How long will mockers delight themselves in mockery,
and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn at my reproof.
Behold,I will pour out my spirit on you.
I will make known my words to you.
24 Because I have called, and you have refused;
I have stretched out my hand, and no one has paid attention;
25 but you have ignored all my counsel,
and wanted none of my reproof;
26 I also will laugh at your disaster.
I will mock when calamity overtakes you;
28 Then will they call on me, but I will not answer.
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me;
29 because they hated knowledge,
and didn’t choose the fear of Yahweh.
33 But whoever listens to me will dwell securely,
and will be at ease, without fear of harm.”
We need to listen to God's wisdom before we go astray. Sometimes we think, “Well, God is gracious and merciful. If I sin now, I can still repent and ask for forgiveness later.” This is foolish thinking. While God is gracious and merciful, we will still bear the consequences of our sins. How much better to not have sinned in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment