Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Not born of Abraham but still part of the covenant people

Genesis 17
He who is born in your house, and he who is bought with your money, must be circumcised. My covenant will be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Genesis 17:13

People not biologically born of Abraham could also be part of the covenant.

We're not born of Abraham. We're gentiles. But because of God adopting us, we're also part of His covenant people.

We were not just bought with Abraham's money. We were bought with Jesus' blood on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment