Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, January 30, 2020

A half-truth is still a lie

Genesis 20
Abraham said, “Because I thought, ‘Surely the fear of God is not in this place. They will kill me for my wife’s sake.’ Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Genesis 20:11‭-‬12

Abraham repeated the same sin he committed with Pharaoh of Egypt, this time with Abimelech, king of Gerar.

He again assumed the worst, but Abimelech turned out to be a God-fearing man.

Again, Abraham used a half-truth that basically was a lie.

May I not assume the worst of people, and may I be truly truthful, and not use lawyer buruk "truthful" lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment