Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, January 24, 2020

Allah Peduli (God Cares)

Genesis 16
Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, bore him no children. She had a servant, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.

Genesis 16:1

Many think that Sarai obtained Hagar as her slave maid during the time in Egypt. Pharoah didn't take back the slaves he gave Sarai when she was in his harem.

If so, this was one of the unintended consequences of Abram's sin, though it might be possible that another slave girl would have been used for the same purpose had he not sinned in that way.

Yahweh’s angel said to her, “Behold, you are with child, and will bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, because Yahweh has heard your affliction.

She called the name of Yahweh who spoke to her, “You are a God who sees,” for she said, “Have I even stayed alive after seeing him?” Therefore the well was called Beer Lahai Roi. Behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.

Genesis 16:11‭, ‬13‭-‬14

"Ishmael" means "God hears" and "Beer Lahai Roi" means "The well of the Living One who sees me".

Hagar discovered God cares. He saw her, He heard her cry, and He took care of her, when her earthly master did not protect her.

Indeed, YHWH is our God who sees, our God who hears, our God who cares.

Allah Peduli

English translation of the lyrics:

There are many things that I do not understand
Why certain things have to happen in this life
One thing that I keep in my heart
Nothing will happen
Without God knowing it

God understands
God knows
All the problems we face
He will not let me struggle alone
Because He understands

No comments:

Post a Comment