Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

The danger of anger

Genesis 4
Yahweh said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why has the expression of your face fallen? If you do well, won’t it be lifted up? If you don’t do well, sin crouches at the door. Its desire is for you, but you are to rule over it.”

Genesis 4:6-7

Sometimes anger wells up within me and I do foolish things. James 1:20 warns us, “the anger of man doesn't produce the righteousness of God” and Jesus tells us in Matthew 5:21-22 “You have heard that it was said to the ancient ones, ‘You shall not murder;’and ‘Whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother will be in danger of the judgment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment