Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, January 27, 2020

God chose to bless us

Genesis 18
He lifted up his eyes and looked, and saw that three men stood opposite him. When he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the earth, and said, “My Lord, if now I have found favor in your sight, please don’t go away from your servant.

Genesis 18:2‭-‬3

It appears that Abraham recognized who the three men were from the start.

Yahweh said, “Will I hide from Abraham what I do, since Abraham will surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed in him? For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of Yahweh, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that Yahweh may bring on Abraham that which he has spoken of him.”

Genesis 18:17‭-‬19

God foreknew that Abraham would keep the ways of YHWH and teach his descendants that as well, and predestined to bless him.

Here in Genesis we see what God tells us much later, "For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Whom he predestined, those he also called. Whom he called, those he also justified. Whom he justified, those he also glorified." Romans 8:29‭-‬30

No comments:

Post a Comment