Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Back to Nazareth

Matthew 2
But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea in the place of his father, Herod, he was afraid to go there. Being warned in a dream, he withdrew into the region of Galilee, and came and lived in a city called Nazareth; that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through the prophets: “He will be called a Nazarene.”

Matthew 2:22‭-‬23

It appears that Joseph had originally planned to return to Bethlehelm, his ancestral village, after coming back from Egypt, but because of this, he went back to Nazareth, where they had lived before the birth of Jesus, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment