Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Genesis 12
When he had come near to enter Egypt, he said to Sarai his wife, “See now, I know that you are a beautiful woman to look at. It will happen, when the Egyptians see you, that they will say, ‘This is his wife.’ They will kill me, but they will save you alive. Please say that you are my sister, that it may be well with me for your sake, and that my soul may live because of you.”

Genesis 12:11‭-‬13

Again, we see a hero of the faith isn't perfect. Abram sinned and lied about Sarai's status. Perhaps he justified the lie to himself because she was his half-sister. But the intent was still a lie.

Some may argue that he was't actually sinning because this lie is like saying to Nazi soldiers at your door, "No, there are no Jews here" to protect the hidden Jews. But I don't think so. In the Nazi case, you know they're going to imprison or kill the Jews. Abram didn't know that the Egyptians would murder him for his wife. He just *feared* it instead of trusting God and doing the right thing.

As it turned out, they didn't even kill himwhen they discovered the truth of his deception. Who knows, he may have done even better had he kept to God's principles and told the truth.

So, "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". We each need to repent and come to Jesus for His grace and forgiveness.

O Lord, help me remember to trust You when I am tempted to do the "expedient" thing instead of the Godly thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment