Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Corrupting influence

Genesis 19
See now, I have two virgin daughters. Please let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them what seems good to you. Only don’t do anything to these men, because they have come under the shadow of my roof.”

Genesis 19:8

As a father of two daughters myself, I can't imagine sacrificing my daughters to be raped like that. How Sodom had corrupted Lot! But even so, God saw Lot as redeemable, for even Lot's horrible suggestion was borne out of his desire to do something good.

But he lingered; and the men grabbed his hand, his wife’s hand, and his two daughters’ hands, Yahweh being merciful to him; and they took him out, and set him outside of the city.

Genesis 19:16

Lot had a lot of wealth and property in Sodom, so he was reluctant to leave it, and the angels had to drag him and his family out to save them.

Is there anything I might be holding on to that God wants me to leave behind in order to save me from harm?

No comments:

Post a Comment