Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Man proposes, but God disposes

Genesis 45

Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph! Does my father still live?” His brothers couldn’t answer him; for they were terrified at his presence.
Genesis 45:3

This was the first time the brothers heard the Prime Minister speak Hebrew, and they realized he could understand them without the interpreter the whole time!

So now it wasn’t you who sent me here, but God, and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, Lord of all his house, and ruler over all the land of Egypt.
Genesis 45:8

We don’t know what's going on behind the scenes. People plot evil, but God can use that evil for good.

As Romans 8:28 says, “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those to are called according to his purpose.”

So as we see the bad things happening around us, we can still trust God.

“With Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm,” as the Sunday School song goes.

Father, when we go through the storm, remind us that you’re still in control. I’m Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment