Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, March 5, 2020

God knows, God cares

Genesis 42
They didn’t know that Joseph understood them; for there was an interpreter between them.
Genesis 42:23

This aspect of the story is lost in every video I've seen made of Joseph's story.

To me, it's an important part of the story. It means that the brothers didn't realize Egyptian Prime Minister could actually understand what they were talking about among themselves when the interpreter wasn't interpreting.

So Joseph had more insight into what was going on than they thought.
He turned himself away from them, and wept. Then he returned to them, and spoke to them, and took Simeon from among them, and bound him before their eyes.
Genesis 42:24

Joseph wept because actually understood what the brothers were discussing, when the brothers thought he as an Egyptian without interpretation wouldn't.

So many times we try to figure out our predicament as if God doesn't know what is going on. But God knows even more than Joseph knew in this story. God knows everything.

And not only that, He is all-wise and loves us. So we should come to Him with our troubles, and be open and honest with him, and ask Him for His Holy Spirit guidance.

Father, many time I find myself trying to figure out my problems on my own. May I turn to You, for You are my hope and my salvation. In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment