Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, March 23, 2020

God's mercy in the face of our unreasonable fears

Exodus 4

Moses said to Yahweh, “O Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before now, nor since you have spoken to your servant; for I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.”  Yahweh said to him, “Who made man’s mouth? Or who makes one mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Isn’t it I, Yahweh? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth, and teach you what you shall speak.”  He said, “Oh, Lord, please send someone else.”  Yahweh’s anger burned against Moses, and he said, “What about Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Also, behold, he comes out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
Exodus 4:10‭-‬14

God showed Moses some amazing miracles before He told himto go back to Egypt and speak for His  people before Pharoah. Yet Moses balked, until God's anger burned against him.

Yet, God didn't just swat him away in spite of Moses' equivocation. God dealt with Moses' fear about not being eloquent and sent him Aaron.

Father, thank You for Your mercy even in the face of our unreasonable fears after having seen Your power.

Father, may I trust in Your power and love when You call me to do hard things. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment