Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Rich?

Matthew 19

Jesus said to his disciples, “Most certainly I say to you, a rich man will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven with difficulty.  Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into God’s Kingdom.”
Matthew 19:23‭-‬24

I don't think of myself as rich. In the last few years I've struggled with increasing cost of living while my salary stayed stagnant.

However, the fact that I have no worries about shelter and food means that I'm richer than most people who have ever lived in the history of the world!

Famine is almost completely not a possiblity at all. It has been a possiblity for most people who have ever lived.

So God has really blessed me. I must therefore beware of this and not let my prosperity keep me from God.

Father, thank You that I never had to worry about whether I get to eat every day. May I always stay true to You. In Jesus' name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment