Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Study on Philippians 2

We’re called to unity in purpose and love. I have long ago realized that I am by nature very selfish and don’t live up to the call “in humility, be moved to treat one another as more important than yourself.”

But that nature isn’t destiny, because we are new creations in Christ; the flesh is buried with Christ’s death, and we’re resurrected with Him.

Jesus was God Himself yet he emptied himself and took on the form of a slave, and died a terrible death for our salvation.

So this work to remove my selfishness is part of working out my salvation. This doesn’t contradict salvation by grace through faith, but is the other side of the coin.

“Do everything without grumbling or arguing” -- oh, so hard to do, yet so necessary! Father, remind me of this when I am tempted to grumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment