Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Study on Philippians 1

As I struggle to follow Jesus, and keep sinning and having to ask for forgiveness, sometimes it feels like a hopeless task. But “He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it!”

So I must remind myself, it’s not a hopeless task -- He will complete it.

Paul’s imprisonment was a “bad thing” -- but God made use of it, because now the whole Praetorian guard got to hear the Gospel.

Sometimes we get upset because people do things out of impure motives -- but nonetheless, we can still rejoice that good is being done. Of course, the person doing good out of impure motives will not reap the reward, but we can still rejoice in the good.

“For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” We need not fear death, for if we are in Christ, it is merely the doorway to eternity with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment