Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, September 4, 2017

Study on Ephesians 5

Imitating God in love is no easy task, but it is the ideal that we’re called to. Similarly, getting rid of all sin may be a lifelong task but we should keep at it. We’re to expose deeds of darkness. This is wisdom. Don’t get drunk with spirits; instead be filled with the Holy Spirit. Give thanks, sing spiritual songs.

And submit to one another… sometimes very hard to do, but necessary. Our wives would find it much easier to submit to us if we love them like Jesus loved us and gave himself for us. How often do I “die” for my wife? My innate selfishness rears its ugly head but I must beat it down and put her needs before my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment