Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Study on Colossians 4

Be devoted to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving.
Colossians 4:2 NET
http://bible.com/107/col.4.2.NET

I have little difficulty with quick short prayers, but I have great difficulties praying for a long time, especially alone. My mind tends to wander, so not "keeping alert" in it.

But, as Brant Hansen points out, even short prayers is better than no prayers, so we gotta keep at it even if we're not that great at it.

Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer everyone.
Colossians 4:6 NET
http://bible.com/107/col.4.6.NET

This is another verse that tells us the balance, like "Speak the truth in love" - too often we forget to be gracious in our "righteous indignation"...

No comments:

Post a Comment