Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Study on 1 Timothy 1

The Ephesians were getting distracted by empty discussions of myths and interminable genealogies rather than God’s redemptive plan that operates by faith. What secondary issues might I be getting distracted by?

Paul used to be a blasphemer and a persecutor, and an arrogant man. Yet God redeemed him because “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”. So we shouldn’t hate evil people -- we should view them as people who could yet be saved.

Verse 17 reminds me of the song by Walter Smith:
Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
Most blessèd, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great Name we praise.

We must stand steadfast in Christ, and not allow our faith to be shipwrecked like Hymenaeus and Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment