Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Wise guy, eh?

Proverbs 4

Everyone values wisdom, but in Proverbs, wisdom isn't just being clever and smart - it's also tied up with righteousness and eschewing evil.

We've seen people who are clever in a worldly way, Machiavellian and crafty, accomplish much but do evil things.

Godly wisdom is not like that. Godly wisdom is good and righteous.

In fact, the Bible calls immoral people "fools", e.g. Psalm 14:1. They're not stupid, but in God's eyes, they're being foolish.

So let us be wise in God's eyes, rather than fools.

Father, fill me with godly wisdom, not the world's wisdom, that I may walk in Your ways. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment