Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, April 13, 2020

Supporting Role


 
When Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed. When he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses’ hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side. His hands were steady until sunset. Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
Exodus 17:11‭-‬13

We are not all called to be in the front, but we all have a part to play in the body of Christ. Aaron and Hur were not the ones God used to empower Joshua to defeat the Amalekites, but they supported Moses - without them, Moses might not have been able to do it.

So likewise, our Christian leaders need our supporter they might not be able to do what God had called them to do.

Father, help me support my spiritual leaders and not be jealous of their position. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment