Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Commemorating Good Friday during COVID-19 Lockdown

Exodus 15
Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to Yahweh, and said, “I will sing to Yahweh, for he has triumphed gloriously. The horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.  Yah is my strength and song. He has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:1-2

The Israelites celebrated God saving them from the Egyptians with this song. 
 Then the very next thing, they got angry and complained because the water was bitter!
When they came to Marah, they couldn’t drink from the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore its name was called Marah.  The people murmured against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?” Then he cried to Yahweh. Yahweh showed him a tree, and he threw it into the waters, and the waters were made sweet. There he made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there he tested them; and he said, “If you will diligently listen to Yahweh your God’s voice, and will do that which is right in his eyes, and will pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you, which I have put on the Egyptians; for I am Yahweh who heals you.”  They came to Elim, where there were twelve springs of water, and seventy palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.
 Exodus 15:23‭-‬27

Yet, God still came through for them in spite of their ungratefulness.

God has given us an even greater salvation though Jesus! As we face Good Friday cooped up in our homes, may we remember that and keep that in perspective.

Tonight, we will commemorate Good Friday with our Life Net Group (church small group) online. Each family will prepare holy communion and we plan to partake it together in the online meeting. This is a new experience for us as we had always celebrated holy communion physically together.

Father, may I remember Your goodness and faithfulness instead of focusing on the negatives, knowing You still care for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment