Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Hypocricy

Matthew 23
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin,   and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.  You blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel!

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and unrighteousness.   You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the platter, that its outside may become clean also.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitened tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.  Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Matthew 23:23‭-‬28

Jesus spoke out greatly against hypocricy.

We humans have a tendency towards hypocricy - we tend to think of ourselves as good people and are more able to see the faults of others than our own faults.

Father, open my eyes to my own faults and help me recognize and correct them. Help me to remove the hypocricy from my life. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment