Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Am I unrateful?

Exodus 16
 
The whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron in the wilderness; and the children of Israel said to them, “We wish that we had died by Yahweh’s hand in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the meat pots, when we ate our fill of bread, for you have brought us out into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”
Exodus 16:2‭-‬3
After seeing the amazing rescue from slavery, this is what the Israelites said.

It's not wrong to be concerned that food is running out, and to ask for help, but we need to guard our attitudes.
 
Moses and Aaron said to all the children of Israel, “At evening, then you shall know that Yahweh has brought you out from the land of Egypt; and in the morning, then you shall see Yahweh’s glory; because he hears your murmurings against Yahweh. Who are we, that you murmur against us?”
Exodus 16:6‭-‬7
So got scolded.
 
Moses said to them, “Let no one leave of it until the morning.” Notwithstanding they didn’t listen to Moses, but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and became foul: and Moses was angry with them.
Exodus 16:19‭-‬20

How often do I repeatedly not follow God's instructions?
 
Father, on this Saturday before Easter, I remember Your sacrifice for us. May I respond with obedience and not grumbling. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment