Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Even when we're faithless, God is faithful

Exodus 19
Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice, and keep my covenant, then you shall be my own possession from among all peoples; for all the earth is mine; and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.” 

All the people answered together, and said, “All that Yahweh has spoken we will do.” Moses reported the words of the people to Yahweh.
 Exodus 19:5‭-‬6‭, ‬8

Except that they didn't, and time after time they complained and  rebelled against Yahweh 😕

Yet Yahweh rescued them every time they repented. 

"If we are faithless, he remains faithful. He can't deny himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

So if we have been faithless, we need to quickly repent and come back to God. We must not keep wallowing in our sin. We must keep short accounts with God.

Father, thank you that you're still faithful even when we're faithless. Thank you that you promised us that if we confess our sins, you're faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse is from all unrighteousness. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment