Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Disciples, not just Believers

Matthew 28

Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.  Go,  and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 28:18‭-‬20

Jesus told us to "make disciples" - not "make converts". Saying the sinner's prayer is not the end of it - we need to go beyond, and follow Jesus.

We cannot be content with receiving Jesus as Saviour - we must proceed to follow Jesus as Lord.

We have been saved by grace through faith, but faith without works is dead.

Father, thank You for Jesus' great sacrifice for us. We commit to proceeding from that to becoming like Jesus, taking up our cross daily and following Him. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment